Are you looking for a challenging TECHNICAL job,
HCCP is searching for talented and motivated
Software test engineer
Honeywell Customized Comfort Products develops and produces domestic climate and ventilation control systems.
These products and systems are developed by a multidisciplinary project team of hardware and software engineers under the leadership of a project manager.
As a test engineer, you’ll work in a software team consisting of 9 software engineers, 1 system architect, and 1 test engineer. Our embedded software is developed in an Agile/SCRUM working environment. See ‘Our software development process’.
Our software developers are configured into 2 smaller teams, each with their own product expertise.
The HCCP organisational structure is informal, flexible and designed to promote innovation.
As a Professional Agile Tester you’re able to successfully work within a Scrum team. You are familiar with supporting Agile techniques, the Agile testing principles, and test-driven development.
The test engineer has the following duties within the team:
- Design and develop test methods and test procedures in the design phase of a product or system.
- Specify and describe test procedures for the developed modules, products and systems. This in close cooperation with the corresponding development of the hardware products.
- Conduct and analyse tests.
- Maintain a Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline (Jenkins).
- Good written and oral communication skills in both the Dutch and English
- A good listener
- Analytical skills
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
Education and work experience:
- Completed education at higher vocational or university level in Computer Engineering
- A minimum of five-years of experience in a comparable working environment
- Knowledge and experience in 8 bit microprocessors or cortex M0/M3 systems
- Experience in working in Agile/SCRUM projects and working environment
- Ample experience in Continuous Delivery software development and knowledge of Jenkins
- ISTQB certification (foundation level) is required, advanced is preferred
- Experience in drawing up specifications and analyses for test systems
- Experience in Robot Framework and/or Pyton is preferred
- Experience in unit tests is preferred
- Experience in climate and ventilation systems is preferred
Over the past year, HCCP substantially invested into continuous improvement methodologies to guarantee the quality of the software. We’ve also shortened our development cycle with the implementation of an Agile/SCRUM working environment.
HCCP uses a Continuous Delivery pipeline (Jenkins), which after release to the version management system automatically analyses:
- code formatting
- code complexity
- compiler warnings
Having passed these tests, the compiled firmware is automatically programmed into our final product with Raspberry Pi. This automatic programming includes a final round of tests, which up until recently were manually carried out by a software developer.
We enjoy a collegial environment, where combined experience and knowledge is shared amongst our developers through an internal Wikipedia. We use Atlassian’s Jira as the tool for our Agile process.
We offer a job in a young, enthusiastic and dynamic team. A competitive salary and fringe benefits in relation to function and work experience. Are you interested, and do you have completed education at higher vocational or university level then contact us. Please sent an e-mail to: Ries.Thijssen@Honeywell.com